Thursday, October 18, 2007

Vista -> XP Downgrade

Hi, Its been a long time to be here, believe me i was some what busy in CODING, really office work... Fine so many things happened in between this gap.. One of them i spent my night formating my PC and installing XP and Vista successively during my VO (Virtual Office). This is because i felt my PC to be bit slow and wanted to use Vista extensively (not only becoz of its features and awesome graphics but also i got a solid good crack). But after an extensive use of Vista for 4 or 5 days, i decided to be apart from that. Here are some of the problems which my PC and i faced in Vista (though some of them i did already which i installed the day the torrents had fresh vista).

  • I am having Pinnacle TV Tuner card, which is not at all detected by Vista, even with the vista driver i am able to make it unrecognizable and even listed channels in Vista Media Center. But when i tried to see the video it will show you the perfect 'Checking for Solutions' screen giving some error. Pinnacle software is far more worse. But i wonder about this as i was able to make the card work when i installed Vista the previous time.
  • I am having Asus P5B motherboard with inbuilt sound card of 7.1 channel, but again this one has problem in Vista. Though this card is recognizable, the 4.1 speaker of mine is only able to play sound in two speakers. I tried all the combinations settings like 4.1, 5.1 and 7.1 channel with and without sub woofer. Only few produce sound but only in my front two speakers.
  • If you are iTunes user, then i feel Vista will give you pain sometimes. I had this problem thrice, When you open iTunes, sometimes it will keep on loading the library and results in hanging and after the restart you will see the iTunes having a blank library. All your rating and playlists are gone!!
  • And at last a big tragedy happened, i did almost all the updates for Vista including Ultimate Extras... After that to my surprise, my Benq DVD writer driver is not at all accessable, its driver is gone into flames!! I am not all able to read anything from my dvd.. That really tested my patience for working in Vista.
Due to these problems i decided to switch back to XP. Luckily i had installed XP along with Vista only for playing games as anyone knows playing heavy games in Vista is foolish having XP with you. So installed everything back in XP from Azureus to iTunes and now using XP and keeping Vista idle in my second drive. So at least for anyone having Pinncle Tv Tuner, Benq dvd writer, Asus Mobo with 4.1 speaker XP is the tension free zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment