Sunday, January 11, 2009

An Indian to the land of Native Indians..

Even a poor old beggar lady begs in fluent English!!
All the electricians are dumb, keeping the switches inverted!!
The traffic police are dumb enough to come in wrong direction!!
Seems a big backup generator always is running: matchboxes are meant for only smoking, candles are meant for praying only..
Noise pollution can only be done by blasting hip-hop music and not by horn in your car!!
A taxi ride just costs you buying a bike and ride it!
Two way flight charges are cheaper than one way!!
YES, am in the land of native Indians.. AMERICA..

I have been here nearly 3.5 months. This whole period passed as fast as my flight which am travelling now, from Sanfransisco to Denver, and to St.Louis by a connecting flight… Got 2 ½ hours, my IBM lappy and a strawberry juice from south west airlines, to start my first blog about my trip. So here it goes…

Where to start? okay from the beginning, coz i understand memto only after multiple tries.. Got short term onsite assignment.. Any living thing having VISA can go US and get their jobs.. Got flight to St.Louis – Bangalore to Paris, Paris to Atlanta, Atlanta to St.Louis. Spent some 2 hours in Paris roaming here and there in airport finally figuring out that Paris uses Euro and its conversion rate. Arrived Atlanta and got the I-91 attached to my visa. So became an NRI, in perfect words, a essential and basic qualification to become a bridegroom to these days girls.. Getting a American return bridegroom has become a fashion these days.. okay keep aside tat stupidity..

Now to St.Louis, figured out easily the missisipi river by seeing the big river near the st.louis when landing.. Finally got my baggage after 15 minutes and easily became the entertainer of the airport, struggling to pull those two baggage. My friends are kind enough to give me their address and giving me a great idea that I can get a taxi..

My big deal was to get the baggage to the taxi stand.. somehow figured out and got a taxi, which is far more good than the personal cars.. I saw in Chicago, taxi drivers havin laptop in taxi and streaming you tube songs connected to the car audio! First taxi driver having and using laptop! Second connecting to internet and steaming audio!! But the drivers in st.louis is not tat developed as the area.. but did a cruise in the highway, somewhere about 100 mph.. and did all the interesting feats, swearing words I saw in films.. here am in America, place where I am Me, I do wat I like to do…

So now in St.Louis, Missouri. It’s the gateway for west, it’s the land which had Jesse James (if you have seen – Assasination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford), it’s the land of Nelly & Chuck Berry.. route 66 passes through it.. it’s the US second crime city.. That’s it nothing more..


This is the Scrap which I wrote when I was in US, will add more abt my travelling in upcoming posts..

No comments:

Post a Comment