Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Fish rain and Toad explosion

A week before I was seeing the latest film from Nicholas Cage “The Next”. Its quite good with its own style of showing the hero’s powers. Not only Jessica got attracted by the different facts that hero tells but also me, as he told about the fish raining. As I got this bad habit of analyzing confirming info bits which I get, so as I did for fish raining.

I got this link in wikipedia which is about Raining animals, seems fish is the most common one while frogs comes second. There has been several scientific conclusions for these rare occurrences, some of them:

  • The frog rain is because, the frogs might have been taken by tornado or waterspouts to a large altitude and made to fall after some time.
  • There has been another conclusion for raining of fishes which managed to alive – the eggs are taken to the clouds by strong wind and hatched there and back to the ground as tiny fishes.
  • One more theory states that these fishes are from underground fresh water and never exposed to light that they are blind.

When reading these facts, I saw one more interesting fact about exploding animals. Yes in northern Germany toads used to explode because of a strange disease. The toads used to swell up to 3.5 times its size and propelled by the explosion to 3.2 meters. It has been concluded it is due to unknown virus or fungus in the pond they lived.

And finally after my complete analyzing of these facts I concluded

that the temple elephants can’t be rained as they don’t hatch from eggs and they can’t be lifted by heavy winds, but it can explode by some virus or fungus. So better stay at least 2 meters away from our temple elephants.
Joku pa joku.. ok, see u in next post..

No comments:

Post a Comment