Monday, September 25, 2006

Got BroadBand

It took for me long time to think about writing another blog..This is because i was busy those days. Sometimes i think something crazy about the word 'Busy'. i can say Everybody is busy all time - working, sleeping, reading, hearing music, breathing..one will not say 'i am busy in playing' unless he is a player,and 'i m busy in singing' unless he is a singer..so one will only be busy in the work he has to do, or which is important to him..

Okay..leave that. Hereafter i hope i can write more frequent blogs, because i got broadband connection. Its quiet worthy for unlimited connection of 256kbps for 900 bucks provided you are having your own modem, otherwise 100 bucks extra as life rental - plan of almost all providers. Airtel is the best as far as my knowledge goes,but its only available for you if you are lucky. I am not one of the lucky persons..Airtel responded me within a day to say sorry for the non feasibility of broadband connection in my area.

So i started scanning for next option since i couldn't wait for a minimum of 2 months as airtell told me, yes its minimum not maximum..the next options are bsnl, sify, reliance and tataindicom..I can easily omit Tata Indicom because of its well known poor customer service and well known problems. Sify i think its costly when comes to installation and charging..so opted for bsnl with little hesitation because of govt sector, because of my friends suggestion who is using it.

Its always better to take steps carefully when dealing with govt sectors.Yes, you should not opt for internet connection and phone connection in a single form from bsnl, if so its gonna be absolute delay. I applied for the phone connection first in BDA complex with the refundable security deposit of 500, which i got exactly the last day of the week followed. Then i requested for broadband form, with the option of 900 plan with own modem choice. I opted for own modem, since the line man who gave me connection clearly told there is no modem in stock in bsnl office. At last got the connection within a week. Bought Dlink ADSL 2+ modem and tried to configure it in my system for two day and still trying to configure it with my NetGear router so that i can share internet in my pc and my laptop..

No comments:

Post a Comment