Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Vettaiyadu Vilayadu

Vettaiyadu - Villain did the hunting.
Vilayadu - Hero did the childish playing.

I was one among the eager audience to see Kamal movies, coz he is one among the few not spoiling our Tamil industry. I was also quite impressed on Goutham for the good and natural screenplay of Kakka Kakka. So there is nothing to wonder on the expectation for the trio Kamal, Goutham, Harish.

The first half of the movie went very well without flaws. Though the villain was introduced bit early, I had so much expectation for the cause of the serial murders. In the interval, I was debating with one of my friends who told me this one is not as good as Kakka Kakka, that it has a different plot. I meant to say Kamal is not some 30 years old Anbuchelvan, in Kakka Kakka encountering local rowdies. Here Kamal has a matured role of investigating which needs patience and intelligence to unveil mysteries. Moreover the first half went naturally and the way I expected. I was comparing VV in my mind as a non commercial Hollywood movie meant for academy awards.

But all my satisfaction and joy started collapsing seeing the flashback of the villain. I compromised my mind asking myself why it shouldn't happen? I am okay with the plot that villain killing Anderson, Kamal's associate and attacking kamal for escape. But I could compromise myself when Kamal escaped form the fire very easily who is about to die within minutes. I was expecting some sort of intelligent escape of Kamal. This is first flaw. The villains suddenly escaped to India. Another one surprise!! Okay lets compromise this. Then as, usual Tamil cinemas do, there is one song for villains which they started playing, made me annoyed very much.

Kamal after arriving India discusses this issue and tells as if he has some good plan and starts to execute it. But I don't understand the plan itself and the effectiveness of the plan. As usual villain started chasing after Hero’s family. But the strange thing is hero comments villain as small boys in between all the murders. At last these small boys take the heroine as everyone expected. But as not everyone expected, one among the two villains himself falls into Hero's trap. Here I started thinking about plans after the movie and the next day works. And after this I can see that the dialogue writer and the director are in a miserable situation to end the movie.

The other thing which might have taken care is violence. Since this movie is not for a separate audience of SAW series or Hostel, I feel there is no need for showing extreme blood and gore scenes if it not required. This movie is a thriller and not a horror.

So what is worth to see this movie? Really the whole first half of the movie is simply best. The mature love between Jothika and kamal, really a good move. Music is simply superb. Music is the only part to relax in the second part, though some songs might have mixed in other part of screen play. I would say there might be some quarrel on screen play, which got much worse because of that. Villains are given more importance and more scenes. And these small boys hunts people whomever they don't like easily. And luckily our hero and heroine escaped from them, though luck didn't work for heroine at first.
So we can expect really good movies from Gautham if he is away from Kamal. And as usual we can expect really good movies form Kamal if he is away from Gautham.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Relax..
    Watch 23 Plikesi and cool urself..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:13 PM

    The blog is very nice to read. Liked last line very much. Let's satisfy our selves having no. of masala movies hitting the screens in mind.

    ReplyDelete